History Of Flipkart And Amazon
In 2014, cell phone deals in India reached 140 million. Right around 40% of the deals went on the web. Amazon, the planet’s most established and greatest online retailer, was charging ahead in India. Flipkart couldn’t stand to give it a chance to make progress on handy. The chance of grabbing the mobile market was in the hands of Flipkart. At the point when Amazon Lost China, it examined every possibility to pick up and win the Indian Market. Flipkart, then again, had the benefit of Local client information which was the main possibility for them to assume control over the market. The peril for Flipkart was that if Amazon figured out how to push its mobile application through a comparative rush, it would invalidate Flipkart’s greatest upper hand. From mid-2015, Flipkart began crowding its mobile site clients to its application, closing down phone browser activity. Myntra went above and beyond—it closed down its desktop site and progressed toward becoming app only. Be that as it may, as Flipkart ran its race, something sneaked up on it. Especially with Amazon breathing down its neck and financing becoming limited, Flipkart turned into a meme “Future of-Indian-e-commerce” debates.
With time Flipkart figured out how to pick up the Indian market and took over Myntra which surpassed Jabong and turned into a main web-based business site in India.
Amazon at that point went ahead to extend its hands in media outlets and discharged Amazon prime which enabled clients to have across the board benefits After Netflix was discharged in India.
- Amazon Prime Benefits:
- FREE One-Day Delivery to eligible addresses.
- FREE Scheduled Delivery to eligible addresses.
- No minimum order value required for FREE Standard Delivery.
- Prime Early Access- Get early access to Lightning Deals on Amazon.in.
- Prime Exclusive Deals – Get exclusive Lightning Deals and Deals of the Day for Prime members on Amazon.in
- Prime Video- Get unlimited video streaming of latest movies, award-winning Amazon originals and TV shows from India and around the world. For more details, go to About Prime Video.
- Prime Music – Get unlimited, ad-free access to Playlists, Stations and millions of songs and albums at no additional cost. For more details, go to Amazon Prime Music.
- Amazon Family offers- These include 15% off Subscribe & Save diaper subscriptions and 15% off eligible products from your Baby Wish List. For more information, go to Get 15% off Diaper Subscriptions. For more details, go to About Amazon Family.
Customer Loyalty Program By Flipkart
After competing with the products market with Amazon, Flipkart is all set to launch it’s Flipkart Plus program on August 15 with the customers that will challenge Amazon’s subscription service i.e Prime which has become popular among customers.
The key features which Flipkart Plus will provide:
- More Discounts.
- Free and faster product delivery.
- Rewards on platforms like Hotstar, Zomato, MakeMyTrip and Café Coffee Day.
- Reward Points on Shopping
- Unlock Special Offers like Hotstar one Year Subscription.
Flipkart’s program will intend to reduce Amazon’s expanding strength in urban regions. If Plus ends up outstanding, it will encourage Flipkart, which allowed to offer a lion’s share stake to Walmart in May, expanding its lead over Amazon at the highest point of India’s $18 billion web-based business showcase.